ATTENTION : NEW AND SEASONED FILMMAKERS/ SCRIPTWRITERS… CALL FOR ENTRIES!
CINEMALAYA Philippine Independent Film Festival 2013
1. Interested participants must submit the following requirements on or before 6:00 PM on September 11, 2012 (Tuesday) to the Media Arts Division of the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City:
▪ Duly accomplished 2013 Entry Form (this form) or downloaded from http://www.culturalcenter.gov.ph or http://www.cinemalaya.org
▪ Synopsis in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts font size, not more than 300 words)
▪ Detailed sequence treatment (between 50 – 60 sequences, double space, 12 pts Courier, letter-sized bond paper, 1 inch margin all around)
▪ Resume of proponent
▪ Two (2) recent photos of proponent (2inx2in)
▪ Samples of previous works (e.g. short films, etc.) in DVD format
All entries must be submitted in a long brown envelope properly labelled with proponent’s name, title and contact details. However, the sheets containing the synopsis and detailed sequence treatment must not bear the name of the proponent.
2. By January 17, 2013 (Thursday), the Competition Committee shall announce the ten (10) finalists for the New Breed category and the five (5) finalists for the Directors Showcase category.
3. Each of the fifteen (15) finalists will receive a seed production grant of P500,000.00 to be released in tranches:
a. 1st release 40%
b. 2nd release 20%
c. 3rd release 20%
d. 4th release 10%
e. 5th release 5%
f. 6th release 5%
4. The deadline for submission of the picture lock of the full-length film is May 31, 2013 (Friday).
5. Also by May 31, 2013 (Friday), each of the fifteen (15) finalists must submit the following materials for promotional and exhibition purposes: • Behind-the-Scenes materials and a one-minute trailer in mini DV • Major credit titles • At least 6 captioned production stills in CD jpeg format as well as 8”x 10” hard copies • Poster design in CD jpeg format • One 20” x 30” poster • One (1) photo to be taken by the CCP photographer • Iconic Item from the film for the exhibit
6. The deadline for the submission of the completed full-length film is June 15, 2013.
7. The fifteen (15) film entries will be screened during the festival period, at the CCP and other festival venues.
8. Awarding ceremonies will be at the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater). The Best Full Feature film for the New Breed category will receive a prize of P200,000 and the Balangay Trophy while the Best Film in the Directors Showcase category will receive a cash prize of P300,000 and the Balangay Trophy.
B. RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Only entries by Filipino filmmakers who have not yet directed more than three (3) full-length, commercially released feature films will be accepted to the New Breed Full-length Feature category. On the other hand, the Directors Showcase category shall be open to directors who have directed at least three (3) full feature films that were released commercially.
2. The members of the Cinemalaya Organizing Committee are disqualified from joining the competition.
3. Interested participants may submit a maximum of three entries. However, only one entry per proponent may be considered as a finalist.
4. All works must be strictly independent films and not produced by commercial producers in order to guarantee the participants’ full creative control over the film.
5. All works must have their premiere screening at the Cinemalaya Festival.
6. Works already in production phase prior to 11 September 2012 are disqualified.
7. Any entry selected as a finalist can no longer be withdrawn from the competition by the proponent. The Cinemalaya Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify any proponent who had pulled out an entry that was chosen as semi-finalist in previous Cinemalaya competitions.
8. Proponents whose entries are selected as finalists are required to attend a two-day workshop to be conducted by the Cinemalaya Competition Section.
9. To ensure technical and professional quality, post production work of the finalists should be undertaken by a company or entity duly accredited by Cinemalaya.
10. All entries must be submitted in data file format.
11. The total production budget for the full-length feature film should not exceed P3,500,000.00.
12. Due to copyright laws, the music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
13. Dialogue should be primarily in Filipino or any Philippine language as appropriate.
14. The Cinemalaya Foundation Inc. (CFI) will undertake the English translation and subtitling of the fifteen (15) finalists to the full-length feature category.
15. The proponent(s) must assign a single representative to act on behalf of his team. All official communications shall be addressed to the representative. The Cinemalaya Organizing Committee shall not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards among the members of the group.
16. The Festival shall ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which the cinematographic materials are in its custody.
17. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.