UP Cinema presents
KONTRA 2013: THE ALTERNATIVE FILM PROJECT
The KONTRA ALTERNATIVE FILM PROJECT is a mini film festival for students with the following objectives:
1) To provide alternative means of the study of film outside the standard classroom experience
2) To develop the creativity and ingenuity of aspiring student filmmakers of the Philippines
3) To develop and learn from a relationship with other film enthusiasts from different colleges and universities
Participants of the competition will be tasked to create a 5-minute film in the duration of 1 week. As an additional restriction, the film must focus on 3 particular “ingredients” that will be revealed to the filmmakers on WEDNESDAY, May 15, 2013, a day after the deadline for registration.
A panel of judges will be gathered to critique all the films that will be shown on the screening day. The event will culminate in the awarding of the best films as determined by the panel.
RULES AND MECHANICS:
1. The competition is open to all bona fide students of a college/university/film school of AY 2013-2014 and graduates of AY 2012-2013.
2. Interested Participants will have until TUESDAY May 14, 2013 11:59PM to apply for the competition. Registration will be done online. Your e-mail message must follow this format.
SUBJECT OF E-MAIL: KONTRA 2013 (surname, initials)
Subject: KONTRA 2013 (CAMPOS, FMG)
NAME: Francisco Manuel Giuseppe Campos
SCHOOL: UP Diliman
CELLPHONE NUMBER: 0917-xxx-xxxx
E-MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those that register before deadline will be able to compete.
3. Additional guidelines will be sent via e-mail on WEDNESDAY, May 15, 2013. The “ingredients” will also be announced that day.
4. All entries should be shot on VIDEO. Entries shot on film will not be accepted.
5. Entries may be in any genre: Narrative, Experimental, Animation, or Documentary.
6. Maximum length of the film is limited to 5 minutes exclusive of both OBB and CBB. There is no minimum length for entries.
7. Two (2) copies of the entry must be submitted and labeled with the TITLE, FILMMAKER/S NAME/S and TOTAL RUNNING TIME. One must be on dvd file format and the other one must be on .mov.
8. Php 150 registration fee per entry is to be collected along with the submission of the participants’ films.
9. Final deadline of submission of entries is WEDNESDAY May 22, 2013 at a designated time and place to be determined. In the event that the participant wishes to submit their film at an earlier date, a drop-off location can be arranged.
10. In the event of more than 12 participants, the films will be prescreened by UP Cinema to minimize the number of entries for the panel.
11. The 12 Finalists will be announced on THURSDAY May 23, 2013.
12. The 12 FINALISTS’ FILMS will be screened with the jury on SATURDAY May 25, 2013. Venue to be announced.
13. Official Entries will compete for the following awards:
BEST FILM – Certificate, Trophy, and Cash Prize
VIEWERS’ CHOICE – Certificate and Trophy
MOST CREATIVE USE OF INGREDIENTS – Certificate and Trophy
14. Entries must not have been exhibited commercially in any theater or television. Entries must have been made specifically for the KONTRA ALTERNATIVE FILM PROJECT.
15. UP CINEMA will not be responsible for any legal complaints as a result of the filmmaker’s use of music and other copyrighted works on the film.
16. Submitted copies of official entries will be the property of UP CINEMA. It is the participants’ responsibility to keep master copies of their own films.
17. The decision of the Board of Judges during the finals night is final. The Committee and Board reserves the right not to give awards in any category should no entry merit it.
For further questions contact 0917-548-5379 or 0917-811-1301. Look for Butchito. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “KONTRA 2013 QUERY”.