An impressive roster of exhibitors – each one recognized as leading players in the local and global film scene respectively – have already solidified their intent to participate in the INTERNATIONAL FILM EXPO (IFX) 2012 to be held from November 23 to 24, 2012, at the newly-opened SMX Convention Center – a world-class 4,745 square meter MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions, exhibitions) facility – at the SM Lanang Premier Mall, the SM group’s second and largest mall in dynamic DAVAO CITY.
This was made known by officials of the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP), the lead agency for film in the Philippines that is spearheading the pioneering project in partnership with the Davao City Chamber of Commerce.
Among the participating EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS that have secured a booth are: Array’s Technology/DCinema,Audio-Video Solutions Corporation, Crystal Audio, and Panasonic. Some of the production and post-production outfits that have confirmed their intent: Post Manila, Betelnuts, Inc., Alchemy of Vision and Light,Mindanao Film and Television Development Foundation. Among the Film Studios: GMA Films and other independent production groups.
The broadcasting outfits that have so far set a definite presence: First United Broadcasting Corp. and Southspot Entertainment Network. Among the academic institutions in participation: De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde, University of the Philippines Film Institute and theUniversity of San Carlos.
The international film commissions and their representatives who are flying in: Asian Film Commissions Network and Screen Authority Sapporo. One of the LGUs who will have a booth: The Province of Davao del Norte. (More applications from other registrants are already being processed.)
Together with the expo where exhibitors will have the opportunity to showcase their various product offerings and services to a wide-audience, lectures and presentations to be conducted by respected keynote speakers will also be held. Covering a variety of topics relevant to the film industry today, the confirmed SPEAKERS are:
1. Topnotch filmmaker Erik Matti and producer Dondon Monteverde of Post Manila will talk about the use of Green Screen in the film Tiktik;
2. Rey del Poso, President and Founder if Array’s Technology/ DCinema will speak on full digitization for cinemas;
3. Dr. Rolando Tolentino, the University of the Philippines Dean and Jag Garcia of DLS-College of Saint Benilde, will delve on the subject of film education and training with the changing landscapes for contemporary filmmaking;
4. Lope V. Juban, President of Philippine Film Studios and local producer of the Hollywood blockbuster Bourne Legacy, will expound on maximizing Philippine potentials for international filmmaking;
5. A representative of the Screen Authority Sapporo will share insights on the free content zone in Japan;
6. OH Seok-Geun: AFCNet President of the Asian Film Commissions Network will discuss the FLY project. FLY is a film education & training program sponsored by the Asian Film Commissions Network (AFCNet), the Busan Film Commission (BFC) and the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) and the ASEAN-ROK targeting 22 trainees from 10 ASEAN member countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) and Korea. Renowned Asian filmmakers will be helping the students create a short film, while supplementing the production with workshops and master classes. A major highlight of the IFX 2012 is the red-carpet premier of the Brillante Mendoza’s “THY WOMB”, an entry to the forthcoming Metro Manila Film Festival, top billed by Nora Aunor, Bembol Roco and Lovi Poe, and a recipient of 3 awards as well as critical acclaim in the Venice Film Festival. FDCP Chairman Briccio Santos states, “With the latest development in the peace initiative in Mindanao, the FDCP sees the mounting of the IFX 2012 as timely – sending positive signal for stakeholders in the film industry that Mindanao and the Philippines is open for business.“
For more information, please visit www.ifx.ph
- Fil-Am director wins in New York film fest (entertainment.inquirer.net)
- President welcomes return of ‘Genghis Khan’ film (entertainment.inquirer.net)
- SM plans five more malls in Mindanao (business.inquirer.net)