Highlighting the expo is the Film Market that intends to establish the Philippines as a regional hub for filmmaking and for the City of Davao to be recognized as a potential location for film shoots. The organizing team also aims to make the Philippines the trendsetter in field of cinema by being at the forefront of the latest trends, developments and technologies.
An international symposium has also been programmed covering the following topics: technological advances in movie making, location destinations, and programs for education and training: trends in Asia. International resource persons and guests will participate in the symposium. The delegates, therefore, will have the opportunity to compare notes and keep abreast of the goings on in the industry outside the country. Participants will also be given a tour of the different areas in Davao to entice them do their next film there.
The IFX will also serve as the perfect venue for members of our local film community – filmmakers, crew, creatives, producers and the like – to showcase their works and their services to the world through films screenings, product presentations and demos.
Ultimately, the International Film Expo Davao 2012 sets out to bolster filmmaking in the region and to make the Philippines a major player in Asia.
– International Film Expo
– Film Mart
– Red Carpet premiere
– Sineng Pambansa screenings and Awards Night
- The FDCP announces the finalists in the First Sineng Pambansa National Film Competition (aliwanavenue.wordpress.com)
- I’m Back from Davao City (innermagicclub.wordpress.com)
- Wild Safari Grill in Davao (digitalballpen.wordpress.com)
- The Illusionist in Davao City (innermagicclub.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Davao City vice mayor urges government to find real solutions for peace | Sun.Star (hronlineph.com)